We are seeking artwork for our first Watercolor exhibit at Studio Pintura.
All subjects are welcome, must be made with water media.
Fees for submission:
One entry: $30
Three entries: $40
image: Freedom, c. Mario Robinson
· The Watercolor Exhibition is an Open Call for all Artists. We are seeking artwork made with watercolor (not other water media) on any theme or subject. Questions? Please call or email and we’d be happy to talk further.
· Please read this call for art carefully and follow directions. Use the checklist provided to make sure your entry is complete.
· Apply by May 20, 2019.
You will be contacted by email by February 24thif your work is accepted.
· Non-refundable submission fee:
$30 for the first entry, and $10 for two more entries. That's three entries, $40.
Submission fees can be paid through PayPal on the website, or by check made out to Studio Pintura. (address is listed below)
· All artwork must be available to sell during the exhibition dates.
Artists set their own prices. The price should include a 40% commission to the gallery.
· Studio Pintura will handle all sales of Artwork. Payments to artists will be made by check issued within 30 days after the close of the exhibition. Studio Pintura will collect and pay all sales tax.
· All artwork must be original. Please, no student work that relies heavily on a teacher’s help.
· Please submit artwork that has not been shown in any of our previous open call exhibitions.
· Artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped, wired and ready to hang.
If you are not sure about our guidelines, please email us at
Apply by email to email@example.com
with “Watercolor Exhibition” in the subject line. Use the following checklist to make sure your entry is complete.
1. Attach a word document with
• your name as you want it to appear
• your mailing address, phone number, and email address
• a short artist’s statement or bio, including a profile picture, if you like.
• The title, size, medium, and price of each piece. (Prices should reflect the 40% commission to the gallery.
2. Attach a High resolution JPG image for each piece being submitted. For best viewing, the images should be images 300 DPI with a minimum of 1500 pixels wide or 5” wide. We will post these images on the website during the run of the show.
• Please title your images like this: your name-title-medium-size. Last name first, please! For Amy Ross, an example would be:
Ross-Amy-Abundance-oil on canvas-18x24.
3. Pay the entry fee using PayPal through our website, or by check to Studio Pintura.
The fee for one entry is $30, three entries is $40.
Studio Pintura #294
1500 Jackson St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
What happens upon acceptance:
· Email correspondence will serve as confirmation of acceptance.
· Artists are responsible for the shipping/delivery of their work to and from the exhibition gallery. Please include a prepaid return label in your packaging if you are shipping the artwork.
· Please drop off work on Sunday May 26, 12:00-6:00, or Monday May 27 4:00-7:00.(If you need a different time please arrange with us.)
· An artist agreement/liability waiver will be provided after acceptance of the work.
· Artists agree to a Media Release and use of images for promotion of this exhibition. We will use social media and articles to help promote the artists and the exhibition.
Ineligibility: (Entry fee non-refundable)
· Missed deadlines or incomplete application will exclude artists from the exhibition.
· Artwork received for exhibitions not properly represented in the original images submitted will be withdrawn.
· If your artwork becomes unavailable (for example, if it is accepted for another exhibition) you must immediately send a formal email to have your entry withdrawn.
Non-refundable entry fee for one image.
Non-refundable entry fee for up to three entries.